-2 tsp sesame oil
-1-2 tsp ginger, minced
-1 tsp garlic, minced
-1 green chilli, finely sliced
-1 bunch bok choy,stems finely sliced (reserve leaves for broth)
-1 handful bean spouts
-1 carrot, shredded
-3 spring onions, finely sliced (reserve green tops gor broth)
-1 generous handful shiitake, rehydrated, then finely sliced
-1 generous handful back fungus, rehydrated
-1 tsp each salt & pepper
-1 tsp oyster sauce
-2 cups veggie stock
-handful spring onion greens (leftover from wontons)
-2 tsp soy sauce (I ran out so used 1/2 tsp promite!)
-1/2tsp garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp chilli flakes
-1 tsp rice wine vinegar
-shiitake and fungus soaking water (leftover from wontons)
-bok choy leaves (leftover from wontons)
-small handful bean spouts
-pinch of salt and pepper
-fried shallots to decorate
-handful of coriander/basil
1. Prep all the veg and put fungus and shiitake in a small bowl of boiling water and allow to soak.
2. Heat sesame oil, ginger, garlic and chilli in pan until soft and fragrant.
3. Crumble tofu onto pan and cook until colour begins to lightly brown.
4. Give the bok choy, bean spouts, carrot and spring onions a good squeeze to remove excess water then add veg to pan.
5. Carefully spoon off about 2/3 cup of the shiitake and fungus soaking water from the top of the bowl. (Try not to disturb any sediment at the bottom of the bowl.) Drain the rest of the shiitake and fungus, give them a quick rinse and squeeze. Add most to pan (leave a little for broth).
6. Add salt, pepper and oyster sauce. Give a quick stir and transfer filling into a bowl. Allow to cool.
7. Spoon a tsp (give or take) of filling into wonton wrappers. Pinch the top to close.
8. Steam wontons for approx 6 minutes. Set aside and keep warm until all wontons are cooked.
1. Rinse nooodles and cook as per instructions on pack. (Usually a soak in boiling water for a few minutes is suitable.)
2. Add all ingredients except fried shallots and coriander/basil to pot or microwave-safe bowl and cook for a few minutes to release flavours.
3. Test the broth and add extra salt, pepper or chill if desired.
1. Fill bowls with rice noodle, top with wontons (however many you want!), and spoon over broth with veg.
2. Top with coriander/basil and fried shallots.
3. Enjoy while steaming hot!!