Yeahhhh a little naughty, but hey – every now and then is okay! Plus cheese = calcium. As does cream….. Mmmmmm 🙂
-1.5 cups cream
-2/3 cup milk
-3 big handfuls of grated cheddar
-3 handfuls freshly grated parmesan
-2 big handfuls sun-dried toms sliced (squeeze out most of the oil)
-1 handful dry crackers crushed (I used Coles cracked pepper water crackers)
-salt and pepper (a generous pinch or two)
-3 tsp smoked paprika and a dash more to sprinkle on top
-1 handful finely chopped parsley
-1 cup cooked peas
-400-500g pasta (macaroni makes sense!)
1. Make pasta as per usual. (Boil in salted water until al dente). Drain, quick rinse in luke-warm water, set aside. Crank the oven nice and hot (about 200 C).
2. Boil cream and milk briefly, then remove from heat. Add in majority of both cheeses (leave some to sprinkle on top). Stir until melted and magical.
3. Add in salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Stir.
4. Add pasta to cheesey goodness and stir. Taste test. Season again to taste if necessary.
5. Tip pasta into oven-proof dish. Scatter sun-dried toms and peas and gently stir/poke at it so some toms and peas mix in and some stay on top.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, crumbled crackers, parsley and then some extra smoked paprika. I also placed three sun-dried toms on top to decorate.
7. Whack in oven until hot and until crunchy cheesey top is lightly browned. (15 mins give or take).
8. Take out of oven and let it sit for 5 mins before serving. (This allows the sauce to solidify slightly).
Mmmmmmm smells delicious and tastes even better. Enjoy! !